An induction furnace uses an inductive coil to produce heat for smelting and casting processes. This inductor needs to be stabilized using several other components like capacitors and resistors to ensure the circuit does not overheat and can continue to vary the current in the inductive coil to maintain heat output.
Discussion Prompt: Discuss the following prompts
- Research and discuss induction heating systems and their RLC components.
- Research and discuss a coreless and a channel induction furnace.
- What are the three main components of an induction heating system?
- What circuit components affect a channel induction furnace heating temperature?
- Why is impedance matching important for induction furnaces?