For the Discussion Board, pick one of the following major Civil Rights Era events of the 1950s and 1960s and make an initial post by Wednesday night at 11:59 pm about the following:
- Why did you choose this event;
- What happened in the event;
- Why was it important then and now?
Then, comment on at least two of the posts by your peers by Sunday night. Here are your choices:
- Montgomery Bus Boycott
- Woolworth’s Sit-in
- Freedom Rides
- Martin Luther King Jr’s “I Have a Dream Speech”
- Brown vs. Board decision in 1954
- Civil Rights Acts passed and signed in 1964
- The assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Some other event you feel is important and would like to research and discuss
Please view the rubric for grading expectations.