1.Based upon the current state of the art of robotics applications, which industries are most likely to embrace robotics? Why?
2. Conduct online research to find at least one new robotics application in customer service.
Prepare a brief summary
of your research: the problem addressed, technology summary, results achieved if any, and lessons learned.
3. Conduct research to identify the most recent developments in self-driving cars.
4. Explain why it is useful to describe group work in terms of the time/place framework.
5. Describe the kinds of support that groupware can provide to decision makers.
6. Explain why most groupware is deployed today over the Web.
7. Explain in what ways physical meetings can be inefficient. Explain how technology can make meetings more effective.
8. exercise 4 (Note) Simon’s Decision-making Model was previously addressed in chapter 1 on pages 9-11. Be sure to write one page on the comparison of Simon’s Decision Model with Group Support Systems including your own examples (exercise 4).
Compare Simon’s four-phase decision-making model to the steps in using GDSS.