For this assignment, select a character education program appropriate for your school’s culture. In a 12-15 slide digital presentation, develop a proposal to the curriculum director or site administrator proposing that the character education program be implemented schoolwide. Your proposal must incorporate school-based data and evidence-based research to substantiate what you are proposing.
Include the following in your digital presentation:
- Key research showing the effectiveness of character education programs for improving student outcomes.
- A rationale for the proposed program based on how it supports the vision and mission of the school.
- An original diagram or graphic organizer that displays the character traits included in the program.
- An explanation of the comprehensive, rigorous, and coherent manner in which character development is addressed at each grade level.
- A description of goals for the program including the evaluative data sources that would demonstrate if those goals are met.
- An explanation of how school progress in the program would be evaluated and how school stakeholders could support the program.
- A brief comparison to two other character education programs implemented in other schools that have demographics similar to yours, and a rationale explaining how the one you selected best supports the school’s vision and mission and meets students’ current needs.
- Steps you would take as a principal to implement the program including professional development for teachers, communication with parents, etc. Consider the current obstacles you might encounter as you implement these steps, and explain how you will manage uncertainty, risk, competing initiatives, and politics of change.
- Title slide, presenter’s notes, and a references slide.
Support your program with 3-5 scholarly resources demonstrating that your recommendations are reflective of current initiatives.