- CSLO 1: Identify and describe the social determinants of health and their role in facilitating health disparities in the United States
- CSLO 2: Examine how the social construction of gender, race, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, socioeconomic status and other social identities impact health in the United States
- CSLO 3: Recognize key risk factors for critical health conditions experienced by various populations and social identities in the United States
- CSLO 4: Differentiate the leading causes of death for various populations and social identities in the United States
- CSLO 5: Analyze how gender intersects with race, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, socioeconomic status and other social identities to influence health in the United States
- CSLO 6: Assess the effect of healthcare inequity and inequality in rural, tribal, and urban communities in the United States
The purpose of this assignment is to stimulate critical thinking on the diverse health practices and beliefs of various cultural groups in the United States.Read the case study provided at the end of Chapter 6. Based on what you read, answer the following questions:
- What information should Alice ask her staff to collect about the Asian American population in the country?
- How should Alice and her team decide what communication campaign is best to use?
- How should the materials be developed and tested?
Provide documentation that reinforces your response to questions 1-3 from the chapter and include the citations in your narrative (where appropriate) and in your reference section using APA format. Upload your assignment as a Word document, 500 words, double-spaced, APA format.