1. Name, describe, and comment on (based on personal experience) at least three of Gatto’s “Seven Lessons.”
2. Summarize Sir Ken Robinson’s TED Talk, and then comment on the extent to which you believe his ideas would make a difference in contemporary education.
3. Who is responsible in society to redeem poverty-stricken schools: the neighborhood, the government, or the family? Be sure to include Nadia Lopez’s TED Talk into your answer.
4. Summarize Marche’s argument in “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely,” and then comment on the extent to which you agree with him.
5. In Lawler’s interview with Kevin Kelly, Kelly says that he doesn’t believe that technology is neutral. What does he mean by that (based on the interview)? Do you agree or disagree, and why?
6. Jean Kilbourne suggests that advertising images have a powerful impact on how humans view themselves and others. Referencing her short YouTube video, do you agree and/or disagree with her, and why?