Week 3 Around the Web with Cognitive Psychology
This assignment is intended to enhance your ability to make connections between the course readings and “real-life” situations and the everyday occurrence of cognitive processes as depicted in popular media and professional research sources. This is your opportunity to express your thoughts succinctly and coherently. Be creative, but ensure that your peers are able to discern that you can critique the article/media source in a scholarly way that is related to course material.
For this assignment, you are tasked with identifying a research article or reliable, popular media source (news segment, blog article, etc.) that focuses on a topic related to cognitive psychology, cognitive neuroscience, of a specific process or function we have addressed in the first three weeks of the course.
Upon identifying your select media option, you will do a reflection, summarizing the media sources’ topic, and its relevance to our understanding of cognition and learning. Any topic discussed in our readings is fair game but needs to be clearly depicted in the source you chose.
please be sure to clearly address the following topics:
- Briefly describe the article/media source you selected (e.g. its plot, characters, themes, etc.).
- This description does not need to be lengthy (the entire plot or process explained does not need to be explained; hit the high points).
- Rather, the summary should be sufficient to demonstrate that you reviewed the article/media source and can convey the most relevant aspects as they relate to cognitive psychology.
- Describe the cognitive psychology concept.
- What does it mean in relation to your article/media source?
- How do you see it displayed in the article/media source you chose?
- What new information have you learned about cognitive psychology and how it is portrayed in the public eye?
- Does the information portrayed have broader implications for the field of cognitive psychology as it is presented?
- Why or why not, and what might the effects be with changes or remaining the same?
Close with a brief, but succinct summary of the major takeaway points from your exploration around the web with cognitive psychology