This course project introduces an opportunity to explore all the project stages (from inception to closing) facilitated by the well-known Project Management Group Processes (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closure) as outlined in the PMBOK® Guide.
Two Project Options:
1. Data Center Transformation – to complete a migration strategy/plan to complete the following two tasks:
a. On-Premise Transformation
b. Infrastructure And Application Migration to The Cloud
2. Pick your own project:
a. Students will have the option to also choose their own project – project scope will need to be approved by the course instructor.
As you progress through the weekly materials in the course, you will apply the key principles and knowledge areas (Scope, cost, schedule, quality, resources, risk management, procurement, communication, and stakeholder management) to your project. You will use Microsoft Project software, or other appropriate software including Microsoft Excel to track the entire project management plan (PMP), develop the schedule, and track the overall progress of the project. As the project manager (PM) for a medium-scale project, you will apply fundamental principles and best practices to conduct your project from inception to closing. Each assignment provides further detail
The project will address client’s needs to upgrade their 3 existing legacy data centers and migrate eligible applications to the Cloud:
– Total of 3 primary data centers (2 for Production and 1 for Disaster Recovery)
– All 3 data centers share redundant WAN circuits (2 MPLS and 1 Point-2Point) for users and data traffic
– Client has a total of 145 enterprise applications and 1350 servers:
o 450 Windows Servers
o 550 Unix Servers
o 350 ESX, VMWare, and legacy AIX servers
– Allowed project budget is $1.5 Million with a $150K for contingencies
– The client is open to the top 3 Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud)
– You have the ability to assemble your team
– Stakeholders are also open to your specific and project needs (define their roles and responsibilities as you see them fit)
– All 3 Data centers are in the United States – the DR DC must be on a different State for recovery purposes
– Meet the weekly assignments’ requirements (total of 4 assignments to complete the entire project) within the 8 weeks duration of the course.
– You will be assigned as the main PM for the project, where you will own the entire project
– Your course instructor will act at the project sponsor – can address all your questions and concerns and will provide you feedback during the weekly assignments submissions.
– The project will include internal and external stakeholders, vendors, team members, and contractors.
– A well-defined project charter must be approved by course instructor by end of week two.
– Your final project management plan, as well as the weekly submissions, must adhere to the following formatting requirements:
a. APA version 7 is the required format for the entire paper.
b. Turnitin tool
for more Information Refer to the document i need in 4 parts **