imagine that the deputy mayor of your city contacts you to arrange a meeting to discuss how to reduce the number of inmates in local jails and prisons due to overcrowding. How would you respond? What plan would you put into place?
Each part is 200 words….there are 5 parts regarding AMERICAN LAW please provide references
- In what circumstances would diversion be an appropriate alternative to arrest and incarceration? Be specific and support your response by referring to labeling theories.
- Which types of diversion programs would you recommend implementing in response to the crime problems in your city (or a city close to you)?
- In which circumstances would probation be an appropriate alternative to incarceration?
- Which specific probation conditions do you think would be most effective for preventing recidivism and why?
- Which aspects of probation do you think probationers would find most challenging?
Parole and Reintegration:
- Is early release from prison a good strategy to reduce overcrowding? Why or why not?
- What are the primary challenges parolees might encounter during parole and reintegration? What factors might contribute to and detract from their success?
- Which community resources or programs would you recommend to ensure parolees’ success and reduce the likelihood of recidivism?
Role of Supervision:
- What are the roles of probation and parole officers in the supervision of probationers and parolees?
- How can you avoid or address the most significant challenges probation and parole officers encounter in their day-to-day activities?
- If you were given approval to hire additional probation and parole officers, what are some of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and dispositions you would look for in candidates? What kind of training would you recommend?
Follow up questions:
- Is shaming a useful tool in reintegration programs? Why or why not?
- How can labeling affect the criminal path of first-time offenders?
- What diversion strategies could be used as alternatives for first-time offenders?