After you have assessed a pre–school classroom environment and the use of developmentally appropriate practices and materials, use APA style and format to write a report (2–4 pages) in which you:
- Use the Scoresheet: Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale—Third Edition (linked in the Resources) to assess developmentally appropriate practices and materials.
- Explain how the rating scale is appropriate for the environment being assessed.
- Evaluate how practices and the environment should be adjusted to improve student growth.
- Offer suggestions about what you would change to improve the learning environment for both students and teachers.
- Determine how you, if you were a school administrator, might address these issues with a teacher.
- Identify professional development opportunities for teachers that would improve the learning environment.
- Identify other questions your observation raised about early childhood education environments that would require further study or research to answer.
- What interests you about these questions?
- Why are they important?
- To support your suggestions, refer to course readings and developmentally appropriate practices as well as outside research as appropriate.
To protect confidentiality, please do not mention real names of those you observe or their school.
Use the following resources (found in the Resources section) to assist in your research for this assignment:
- Review Evidence and APA, and browse the Writing Center’s other resources. Your work in this course requires use of APA style.
- Review the module on Finding Academic Sources for Education Literature Reviews to familiarize yourself with this process.
- Review the tools available at the Education Library Research Guide to aid in your research throughout this course.
Your findings for this assignment will help guide your final project for this course.
In addition to the above, your assignment must meet the following requirements:
- APA format: Resources and citations should be formatted as per APA style and formatting.
- Sources: Refer to course readings and/or outside research appropriate for a scholarly audience.
- Length: The report must be 2–4 pages in length, double-spaced, not including the cover page and References section.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.