- Child development is extremely important for teachers to know because it enables them to determine strategies for teaching and learning. By understanding child development, a teacher can make the most appropriate decisions regarding expectations for learning and identify children who may have problems with learning.
Assume you are an educational consultant hired by a philanthropist who wants to start a one-of-a-kind educational program that supports infants through early childhood with development in the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social areas.
Design an educational program with few budgetary constraints. You may select a community school, after-school program, summer school program, day care, sport or academic camp, club, or another educational program approved by your instructor.
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes to submit to the philanthropist about your one-of-a-kind educational program for the following age ranges:
- Infants and Toddlers – The First 2 Years
- Early Childhood – Ages 2 to 6
- Note: You do not need to create audio for this presentation. The detailed speaker notes will be your script for the presentation.
Include the following for each age range’s education program:
- The learning theories that support your plan for this age level
- Create a chart that provides detailed information for at least 5 well-known child development theorists and includes the following:
- Brief description of theorist, including the time frame during which the research was conducted
- Explanation of beliefs and ideas regarding the following developmental domains:
- For each child development theorist, define the following factors and describe their influence on prenatal and child development:
- A description of 3 learning activities you intend to use for each of the developmental areas and the learning theories behind these activities
- How you will include diverse populations
- 3 media influences that target this age level and how each might support development in the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social areas
- A description or diagram of how the environment would be organized so that children may develop in each area
- Current research to support your ideas
- Submit your assignment.
- College of Education Central
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar Assistance
- Copyright 2021 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved