This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Your project team is charged with implementing a new customer relationship management (CRM) software application within the next 30 days. The intended consequence of successfully implementing the CRM program is to provide both your sales and customer service departments more agility and flexibility with engaging existing and prospective customers. The directive from executive leadership is to partner with at least one sales person and one customer service representative in addition to the team members from IT.
As a CLC team, you will need to select which member of your team will serve as the sales person, which member will serve as the customer service representative, and which member(s) will serve as members from IT. Consider the vision for what a successful project team looks like in an organizational setting. Determine the needs of the various stakeholder groups (e.g., sales department, customer service, and IT). Assess the competing agendas of each stakeholder and determine the strategies that the team will use to address and resolve conflict in order to create a win-win scenario for all involved. Further, determine which strategies will be most effective for implementing the CRM software, training and developing employees, and achieving the 30-day target for implementation.
Create a PowerPoint presentation (10-12 slides) with speaker notes, a justification, and summary of the decision-making process that addresses the following:
- Create a team charter and outline the elements (e.g., communication types and styles, decision-making process, conflict management, etc.) the team believes are essential for the successful implementation of the CRM application.
- Outline the various needs of each stakeholder group (e.g., sales, customer service, and IT). Describe the challenges of competing agendas from each stakeholder group. What needs are alike/similar? What needs require conflict management and resolution in order to successfully implement the CRM program?
- Describe how value is created for each stakeholder group. In what ways will the team positively affect the business as a whole?
- Describe the communication types and styles that will be used within the project team. Determine how the communication types and styles described will lead to success.
- What strategies your team will employ to adequately train and develop employees to use the new CRM program effectively?
- Describe how your project team worked together (collaborated) to achieve the common goal of successfully implementing the CRM program.
You are required to use at least three academic references to support your reasoning for the aforementioned components in the team selection process.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.