Part II: Reply to Classmate (150-200 words)
Reply to a classmate’s post with a 150-200 word response containing the following information:
- 1-3 sentences responding to the introduction part of your classmate’s post.
- The remainder of the post should be your reply to your classmate’s rhetorical analysis of the speech.
- Use the principles of argument either to rebut or to support your classmate’s ideas.
- Address specific points regarding your classmate’s content about the Rhetorical Rhombus elements (purpose, audience, subject, writer/speaker) and the Aristotelian Appeals (ethos, pathos, logos).
- Statements such as, “I like what you said” or “I disagree with your comment,” do not count as replies. You must explain why you liked or disliked the thread by adding additional thoughts or ideas if you agreed with the author or by providing alternative ideas or thoughts when you disagree.
- Keep in mind that, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with your classmates’ opinions, you must be respectful and courteous in every interaction. For more on proper discussion, consult the netiquette policy found in the Student Expectations link of this course.