1. Go online and find at least two sites with definitions of fast tracking and crashing a project schedule.
- Prepare proper reference citations for the sites you located, using APA style.
- In your own words, write definitions for project fast tracking and project crashing.
- Consider the plan you prepared for the software system testing project in question 1 above. If you were informed by management that you must reduce the planned duration of the project by five days, describe how you, as a project manager, could crash or fast track this project. Be specific in identifying exactly what could be changed in the project plan for each option.
- (continuation of question 2.3) If the request to speed up the project occurs after day 25 of the original schedule, what is the only option available?
2. A project to put on a major international sporting competition has the following major deliverables: Sports Venues, Athlete Accommodation, Volunteer Organization, Security, Events, and Publicity (which has already been broken down into pre-event publicity and post-event publicity.) Prepare a WBS for any single major deliverable on the list. Remember the 100 percent rule, and number your objectives.
Title: Project Management
Authors: Adrienne Watt
Publication Date: August 14, 2014
Edition: 2nd Edition