Ethical Issue Clinical Judgment Case Scenario
Nurse leaders and managers are responsible for the unit’s ethical and legal decisions.
Consider the examples provided below and describe how you would handle the experiences.
- A manager is not granting pay to someone who worked overtime.
- A nurse manager tolerating verbal abuse of another nurse.
- Constantly short staffing the unit when there is high census.
- A nurse not providing all of the patients information during shift report.
- Favoring one staff over others.
- Making a hiring or firing decision based on friendship.