- Select an organization, e.g., a corporation, company, firm or association (ideally, an organization which you have some interest in starting or running) for in-depth analysis of their operations management practices.
- The term paper should be at least 1,500 words with at least 3 scholarly references in addition to your eText for a minimum of 4 total references. Use scholarly peer-reviewed references rather than websites. For example, it’s best NOT to use news websites, Wikipedia, investopedia.com, about.com, smallbusiness.chron.com, huffingtonpost.com, ehow.com, forbes.com, cnn.com, online encyclopedias, or similar non-academic websites. it adds much more credibility to use the class eText, other related textbooks, and peer-reviewed articles, i.e. It is acceptable to use a company website for research, say for example if you are researching Apple, it’s ok to use www.apple.com to describe their mission, strategy, financials, etc.
The Term Paper will consist of five major sections:
- Background and Context: Discuss type of industry, products/services, and how organizational vision and strategies have influenced their operations management.
- Analysis of current operations management practices and organizational culture.
- Analysis of key terms and principles learned in class and how they relate to the current status and future goals of the company.
- Your recommendations for the next 1-2 years of the company in regards to operations management. Ensure that these align with the organization’s vision and values.
- References – Use at least 3 scholarly references in addition to your eText for a minimum of 4 total references.