Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Discuss theorists and their contribution(s) to healthcare.
Course Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
HA405-1: Examine foundational ethical concepts in healthcare.
GEL-1.03: Demonstrate college-level communication through the oral delivery of original materials in Standard English.
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your knowledge of a theorist who has significantly contributed to the field of ethics in health care, within an informational oral presentation. This will be accomplished by developing either an audio or video recording on your selected theorist. Using the viewpoint of a healthcare administrator, it should be informational beyond a biography of someone, and you will demonstrate how their ideologies have contributed to the development of ethics in health care. Likewise, you will explore how your selected theorists’ contributions may impact the future of ethics in health care. Include three (3) academic references and submit your assignment in APA format.
Organize your submission as follows:
- A brief (maximum 3 minute) oral overview of your selected theorist.
- Details of their theory.
- Significant contributions to the field of healthcare.
- Give at least one example of how you would apply the contribution of their theory with current health care dilemmas.
- At least three (3) credible and scholarly references to support your assertions.
- Ensure that your viewpoint and purpose are clearly established.
- Ensure your oral delivery techniques, including word choice and oral expressiveness, display exceptional content, organization, and style, while leading the audience to a dynamic and supported conclusion.
Assignment requirements and methods:
- Options to record include (but are not limited to) your computer (PC or Mac), Screencastify, PowerPoint, or using an app of your choice on a smartphone or tablet.
- Submit your informational oral presentation recording link or file to the Dropbox along with your title and APA formatted references you used to support your oral presentation.
- Your tone should be upbeat and professional. Use proper grammar and no slang.
Submitting your work:
Submit your Assignment and APA formatted references to the appropriate Dropbox using the text box.