Topic: PMO Project Controls and Governance
The PMBOK (PMI, 2017) described PMO project governance as an oversight function that involves organization stakeholders and includes documented guidelines for roles and responsibilities as well as policies and procedures. Address the following discussion topic key elements:
- Distinguish between the PMO governance function and project governance.
- Based on a recent noteworthy public event in industry, the marketplace, or society, present a specific example of a PMO governance challenge uniquely experienced by a global enterprise; accentuate ethical consideration.
- Chapters 5 & 16 and Appendix A in The Complete Project Management Office Handbook
- Part 1: Chapter 2 and Chapter 4, sections 4.5 & 4.6; Part 2: Chapter 1, section 1.3, and Chapter 5, section 5.2 in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Fernandes, G., Amaral, A., Peixoto, J., Pinto, E. B., Araújo, M., & Machado, R. J. (2019). Key initiatives to successfully manage collaborative university-industry R&D: IC-HMI case study. Procedia Computer Science, 164, 414–423. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2019.12.201
- Graetsch, U. (2018). Best of both. PM Network, 32(11), 24-25.
- Müller, R., Drouin, N., & Sankaran, S. (2019). Modeling organizational project management. Project Management Journal, 50(4) 1–15. https://doi.org/10.1177/8756972819847876
- Pinto, J., & Ribeiro, P. (2018). Characterization of an agile coordination office for IST companies. Procedia Computer Science, 138, 859-866. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2018.10.112